Major shareholder of JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. (NYSE: JELD – Get Rating), Turtle Creek Asset Management, purchased 61,000 shares of JELD-WEN in a transaction on Friday, October 7. The shares were purchased at an average price of $9.08 per share, for a total transaction of $553,880.00. Following the completion of the acquisition, the insider now owns 11,570,980 shares of the company, valued at approximately $105,064,498.40. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, accessible via this link. Large shareholders who own 10% or more of a company’s stock are required to disclose their transactions with the SEC.
Turtle Creek Asset Management also recently completed the following transactions:
- On Wednesday, October 5, Turtle Creek Asset Management purchased 90,050 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average price of $9.58 per share, for a total transaction of $862,679.00.
- On Thursday, September 22, Turtle Creek Asset Management purchased 2,250 shares of JELD-WEN. The stock was purchased at an average price of $9.49 per share, for a total transaction of $21,352.50.
- On Thursday, September 15, Turtle Creek Asset Management purchased 17,800 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average price of $9.98 per share, for a total transaction of $177,644.00.
- On Thursday, August 25, Turtle Creek Asset Management acquired 11,000 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $12.44 per share, with a total value of $136,840.00.
- On Monday, August 22, Turtle Creek Asset Management acquired 12,500 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $12.46 per share, with a total value of $155,750.00.
- On Thursday, August 18, Turtle Creek Asset Management acquired 2,200 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $13.33 per share, with a total value of $29,326.00.
- On Thursday, August 4, Turtle Creek Asset Management acquired 17,400 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $15.20 per share, with a total value of $264,480.00.
- On Monday, August 1, Turtle Creek Asset Management acquired 29,763 shares of JELD-WEN. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $14.33 per share, with a total value of $426,503.79.
JELD-WEN Stock down 4.3%
NYSE: JELD was down $0.41 during Friday trading hours, hitting $9.05. The stock had a trading volume of 1,253,669 shares, compared to an average volume of 1,026,299. The company has a current ratio of 2.14, a quick ratio of 1.33 and a debt ratio of 2, 54. JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. has a 1-year low of $8.63 and a 1-year high of $28.30. The company has a 50-day simple moving average of $11.45 and a two-hundred-day simple moving average of $15.74. The company has a market capitalization of $762.54 million, a PE ratio of 6.61 and a beta of 2.27.
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD – Get Rating) last released quarterly earnings data on Monday, August 1. The company reported earnings per share (EPS) of $0.57 for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.69 per ($0.12). The company posted revenue of $1.33 billion in the quarter, compared to analysts’ estimates of $1.33 billion. JELD-WEN achieved a net margin of 2.59% and a return on equity of 19.00%. The company’s revenue increased by 6.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company achieved EPS of $0.59. Analysts predict that JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. will post 1.66 EPS for the current year.
Hedge funds weigh on JELD-WEN
Several institutional investors and hedge funds have recently changed their positions in JELD. Point72 Hong Kong Ltd bought a new position in JELD-WEN shares during the 4th quarter worth approximately $26,000. CIBC World Markets Inc. bought a new position in JELD-WEN during the fourth quarter worth $943,000. Levin Capital Strategies LP acquired a new position in JELD-WEN during the fourth quarter at a value of $264,000. Barclays PLC increased its stake in JELD-WEN by 48.4% during the fourth quarter. Barclays PLC now owns 178,222 shares in the company worth $4,697,000 after buying a further 58,106 shares in the last quarter. Finally, Nordea Investment Management AB increased its stake in JELD-WEN by 2.8% during the first quarter. Nordea Investment Management AB now owns 271,398 shares of the company worth $5,732,000 after purchasing an additional 7,393 shares in the last quarter. 99.54% of the shares are currently held by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
A Wall Street analyst gives his opinion
A number of research analysts have recently commented on the stock. Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft assumed coverage for JELD-WEN shares in a Wednesday, August 17, research note. They set a “hold” rating and a price target of $15.00 for the company. Credit Suisse Group lowered its price target on JELD-WEN shares from $24.00 to $20.00 and set an “outperform” rating for the company in a Monday, August 15 research report. UBS Group lowered its price target on JELD-WEN shares from $35.00 to $21.00 and set a “buy” rating for the company in a Tuesday, August 2 research report. Barclays downgraded JELD-WEN shares from an “overweight” rating to an “equally weighted” rating and lowered its target price for the stock from $25.00 to $17.00 in a Thursday research report July 14th. Finally, Goldman Sachs Group lowered its price target on JELD-WEN shares from $21.00 to $16.00 and set a “neutral” rating for the company in a Thursday, June 23 research report. Two investment analysts have assigned the stock a sell rating, eight have issued a hold rating and two have assigned the company’s stock a buy rating. According to data from MarketBeat.com, the company has a consensus rating of “Hold” and a consensus price target of $17.33.
(Get a rating)
JELD-WEN Holding, Inc designs, manufactures and sells doors and windows primarily in North America, Europe and Australasia. The company offers a range of residential interior and exterior door products, including patio doors and folding or sliding wall systems; non-residential doors; and wood, vinyl, aluminum and wood composite windows.
This instant news alert was powered by MarketBeat’s narrative science technology and financial data to provide readers with the fastest and most accurate reports. This story was reviewed by MarketBeat’s editorial team prior to publication. Please send questions or comments about this story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you consider JELD-WEN, you’ll want to hear this.
MarketBeat tracks Wall Street’s top-rated, top-performing research analysts daily and the stocks they recommend to their clients. MarketBeat has identified the five stocks that top analysts are quietly whispering to their clients to buy now before the market goes wild…and JELD-WEN wasn’t on the list.
Although JELD-WEN currently has a “Hold” rating among analysts, top-rated analysts believe these five stocks are better buys.
See the five actions here