MANDAN, ND (KXNETName) – Members of the Mandan High School Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) chapter attended the 55th Annual North Dakota State Leadership Conference in March.
More than 60 FBLA chapters from across the state participated in the conference, connecting approximately 900 middle and high school students to test their business skills against their peers across the state.
The most exciting aspect of the conference is the program of competitive events.
Students have the opportunity to test the business skills they learned in class in a variety of individual, team and chapter events.
Students can participate in events such as accounting, computer applications, public speaking, job interview, web design, or business ethics.
The highlight of the competitive events program is the awards ceremony where winners are recognized for their achievements and find out who will represent North Dakota at the National Leadership Conference this summer.
In addition to the competitive events program, students had the opportunity to attend workshops, vote for the 2022-23 State Officers Team, and network with members from across the state.
This year, members also had the opportunity to hear keynote speaker, Amberley Snyder, with her keynote “There’s No Future in Giving Up” about overcoming adversity.
The following students placed at State Leadership Conference:
- Accounting I: Kayna Tran, 5th place
- Accounting II: Kendal Blair, 1st place
- Agrifood: Colten Egli, 2nd place
- Business Ethics: Colten Egli and Shaydin Ell, 1st place
- Community Service Project: Ashley Stelter and Kelbi Pritchett, 3rd place
- Entrepreneurship: Ashley Stelter and Kendal Blair, 2nd place
- Impromptu Speech: Braden Ficklin, 2nd place
- Introduction to Corporate Communications: Kelbi Pritchett, 7th place
- International trade: Bridger Ell, 2nd place
- Introduction to Business Concepts: Braden Ficklin, 2nd place and Nick Allan, 10th place
- Introduction to Business Presentation: Harper Wilkens and Kelbi Pritchett, 4th place
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics: Kayna Tran, 1st place
- Introduction to Social Media Strategy: Trudy Frank and Allison Unrath, 2nd place
- Spreadsheets: Samantha Berger, 3rd place
- Supply Chain Management: Bridger Ell, 3rd place
FBLS is a professional organization for students interested in pursuing a career in business.
This year’s theme, “Success Starts Here,” reflects the goals of FBLA members, some of today’s best and brightest young people.
FBLA-PBL’s mission is to inspire and prepare students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences.