Pilmico builds new animal feed factories in China and Vietnam

0
Danessa Rivera – The Star of the Philippines

November 7, 2022 | 00:00

MANILA, Philippines — Pilmico International Pte. Ltd., the international food subsidiary of the Aboitiz Group, is setting up new animal feed factories in China and Vietnam next year to realize its vision of becoming one of the leading regional integrated food companies. and agribusiness in Asia.

During a briefing this weekend, the president of Pilmico Foods Corp. and of Gold Coin Group, Tristan Aboitiz, said the group is establishing new feed mills in Yunnan, China, and Long An, Vietnam, which are expected to be completed by 2023. .

“It is important that we continue to grow our presence in the markets in which we are located. We look forward to doing this through capacity expansions in China and Vietnam, which should be online in the fourth quarter of 2023,” a- he declared.

Each feed mill will have an additional 30 tonnes per hour (TPH) capacity, with completion expected in September 2023 for Vietnam and December 2023 for China, based on company filings.

Gold Coin Group under Pilmico International currently has four feed mills operating in China – one in Kunming in Yunnan province, Zhangzhou in Fujian province, Zhuhai and Dongguan in Guangdong province.

In Vietnam, it has three working cattle mills located in Hai Duong and Ha Nam in northern Vietnam and Dong Nai in southern Vietnam.

In September, GCMH exited Sri Lanka by selling its 100% stake in Gold Coin Feed Mills (Lanka) Ltd. (GCFL) to Glen Arbor Holdings (Singapore) Pte. ltd.

The sale, which is expected to be completed by the end of the year, is part of the Aboitiz Group’s desire to develop its animal feed business in other parts of the Southeast Asian markets. and China, the company said.

The Gold Coin Group said it was pursuing fast-growing segments like aquaculture feeds and attractive geographies where it has a captive market and the ability to compete.

“In the regional animal feed sector, we are continuously improving and enhancing the values ​​of our products, which cater to a wide range of farm animals, such as poultry, pigs, ducks, aqua, rabbits, game birds and pet food. It is important that we continue to grow our presence in the markets where we are,” said Aboitiz.

Apart from setting up feed mills, Pilmico is also investing and expanding its research and development next year.

“It is equally important that we ensure we add value to customers through our products and services and we are giving this an additional level of focus across the group in 2022 through the expansion of R&D capabilities across the region. We think this is a growth area in 2023,” said Aboitiz.

The Gold Coin Group has two research facilities located in China and Malaysia.

Aboitiz Food Group began its international expansion in 2014 with Pilmico International’s initial acquisition of a 70% stake in Pilmico Vietnam Co. Ltd. (PVN), one of the largest aquatic feed producers in Vietnam.

Pilmico International acquired an additional 15% stake in 2017 and the remaining 15% in 2019, making PVN a wholly owned subsidiary of Pilmico International.

The company said the investment in PVN has enabled the food group to gain a foothold in Vietnam’s aquatic animal feed sector and, at the same time, expand its reach to other aquatic farm customers.

Meanwhile, the food group has finally gained a foothold in ASEAN+China with its acquisition of 75% of Gold Coin Management Holdings Pte. ltd. (GCMH) and its remaining 25% stake in May 2019.

GCMH is the parent company of Gold Coin Group and one of Asia’s largest multinational agribusiness with subsidiaries operating in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Sri Langka, Myanmar, Pakistan, in Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and China. .

To date, it now has more than 21 livestock and aquaculture feed factories in seven Asia-Pacific countries with an installed crushing capacity of three million metric tons (MT) per year.

Aboitiz Group currently holds the position of the fourth largest animal feed producer in Southeast Asia based on internal market data on the capabilities of major market players.

Share.

Comments are closed.