City Park — Magleby Development announces the inauguration of Velvære, a thoughtful wellness community adjacent to Park City’s iconic Deer Valley Resort, located in America’s Newest Ski Resort, currently under development by Extell Utah. Dedicated to providing residents and club members with holistic wellness and an adventure-centered lifestyle, Velvære embraces nature and intentional living. Velvære will offer best-in-class amenities with cutting-edge technology and carefully curated transformative experiences aimed at providing residents and members with proven health benefits, peak personal performance and authentically balanced lives.
The 60-acre community with 115 planned residences will provide ski-in/ski-out access and year-round mountain adventure and recreation with an on-site ski lift, expansive ski terrain, outdoor spaces focused on discovery, an integrative wellness center and family adventure center woven around 115 private residences.
“Our vision is to create a community where health, well-being and a brighter future are at the forefront of every amenity, experience and residence,” said Chad Magleby, CEO of Magleby Development. “Our goal is to truly revolutionize what it means to be ‘well’ and inspire wellness communities of all kinds, not just in Utah, but around the world.”
Velvære owners will have a wellness subscription, giving access to all of the club’s offerings. Additionally, a limited number of Health Club memberships will be available for purchase for non-owners, providing exclusive access to the following exciting amenities:
- Wellness Center (approximately 20,000 square feet): The state-of-the-art wellness center will offer state-of-the-art technology and unique and transformative hyper-wellness experiences. Residents will have access to wellness equipment including cryotherapy; a hyperbaric chamber/pod; Light Stem LED; floating pool; nutrition programs for the microbiome and biohacking; lymphatic drainage; Intravenous therapy, thermal and contrast baths; physical training, yoga, meditation, sound baths, integrative medicine, cognitive health, etc. Nature-oriented pools with secluded areas and an innovative fitness training center will provide areas for movement and relaxation, while culinary options and a recovery center will provide areas for nutrition and revitalization.
- Adventure Center (approximately 15,000 square feet): The Adventure Center will provide the ideal starting point for outdoor recreation, from skiing and hiking to other outdoor activities, serving as the ultimate base camp. Here, residents will have access to an expansive après-ski beach; full-service restaurant and rooftop bar, gear storage; take-out market; games and activities; plus a family-friendly outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Ski lift + ski-to-door access: Residents will access America’s newest ski resort via a ski lift located directly in the community, less than 200 feet from the Adventure Center. This access includes 4,300 acres of new ski terrain with bowls, glades, chutes and groomers and over 50 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails.
- Noteworthy additional amenities: Additional amenities include locally grown and produced groceries with delivery services, wellness education classes and retreats and nutrition counseling, and a fully managed maintenance-free owner experience, including including all landscaping, exterior maintenance and snow removal.
The 115 residences, all with eco-responsible design and well-being services, will be composed of:
- 12 cabins (2,000 to 2,100 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms) – homes are expected to start from $4 million.
- 68 residences (2,600 to 4,600 sq. ft., 4-5 bedrooms) – semi-detached homes should start from $5 million.
- 35 custom estates (6,000 to 8,500 square feet, 0.29 to 3.3 acre lots and 5+ bedrooms) – homes are expected to start from $12 million.
To ensure an immersive wellness experience, Velvære has registered with the WELL International Building Institute to pursue WELL certification under the WELL Building Standard, the world’s first performance-based, third-party verified rating system focused on measuring, certifying and monitoring building design and operating characteristics built environment that impact human health and well-being to prevent chronic disease by improving air, water and lighting qualities, nutrition, fitness, mood, the sleeping habits and performance of its occupants. Other innovative partners include Delos – a leader in science-based solutions for healthier indoor spaces. Delos uses an evidence-based approach to identify and verify the best wellness solutions such as advanced air purification, water filtration, circadian lighting and enhanced sleep solutions, helping to transform the whole experience of a healthier home.
Each residence will include personalized in-home sanctuary spaces that will fully bring the wellness experience into the home. Sanctuary options will include light therapy, plunge pools, saunas, steam rooms and more. The first residences should be completed in early 2024.
For more information and regular updates on Velvære, please visit www.velvaereparkcity.com and follow us on Facebook at @velvaereparkcity and Instagram @velvaereparkcity.