– Mirae Asset Global Investments is now the 14th largest ETF provider in the world – Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt. (“Mirae Asset India”) Plans to Offer Global X ETF Products MUMBAI, India, Jan. 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt. Ltd., one of India’s fastest growing fund companies, today announced plans to offer its Global X ETF products (owned by Mirae Asset Global Investments) to Indian investors. Mirae Asset’s total global ETF assets under management across 10 countries crossed the Rs 6.3 trillion mark, or approximately US$84 billion, making Mirae Asset the 14th largest ETF provider in the world . Mirae Asset India plans to offer the Global X ETF to investors, adding to its innovative portfolio of ETF products that it has launched since its first ETF product in 2018.
This achievement illustrates the progress made by Mirae Asset globally with the launch of a multitude of innovative products in thematic and foreign ETFs. In fact, the overall assets under management of Mirae Asset Global ETFs are greater than any ETF listed in Korea.* *Source: KRX, as of January 31, 2022 Mirae Asset India intends to offer the Global X ETF in India: • Mirae Asset India aims to offer its global ETF arm, the product of Global X via fund of funds product to enhance innovative product lines in foreign funds of funds (FoF).
• Global X is one of the largest providers of thematic ETFs in the world and Mirae Asset India plans to introduce various innovative foreign funds of funds (FOFs). Global X ETFs have innovative themes such as electric vehicles (EVs), artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, and more.
Mirae Asset India has consistently launched innovative funds in India and was the first to offer ETFs based on the Nifty 100 ESG Sector Leaders Index, Nifty Financial Services Index, Nifty Manufacturing Index, NYSE Fang+ Index and the S&P 500 Top 50 index in India. Mirae Asset India also strives to provide most of its ETFs with adequate liquidity for investors to trade. Using Global X’s ETF products, Mirae Asset India aims to continue this forward journey to bring more global thematic offerings to Indian investors. Global X offers an impressive range of products such as Blockchain, Millennial, EV, etc.
Highlights of Mirae Asset India ETF:- • 1st product launched in 2018.
• Currently has an AUM of Rs. 3,000 crore with 8 ETF products as of December 31, 2021 • Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ ETF (An open-ended fund of funds investing primarily in Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ ETF) has attracted significant market attention in collecting around Rs. 400 cr during the NFO.
• Recently, Mirae Asset India launched Mirae Asset Nifty India Manufacturing ETF (an open-end program tracking/tracking the Nifty India Manufacturing Total Return Index) which invests in manufacturing companies in India.
• Mirae Asset India plans to introduce various innovative overseas funds of funds with underlyings like Global X’s innovative ETFs.
• Mirae Asset India also offered the first ETF based on ESG (environment, social and governance) in the Indian market.
• The number of ETFs operated globally has more than tripled, from 93 in 2011 to 396 by the end of 2021.
• Successful acquisition of several well-known ETF providers such as Global X and Horizons.
• Global X ETF is one of the largest providers of thematic ETFs in the world.
• Prior to the acquisition, Global X ETF had an AUM of approx. $10 billion. After acquisition by Mirae Asset Group in 2018, AUM has grown rapidly with a current AUM of US$43 billion (Source, Internal, as of December 31, 2021) ”The rapid growth of ETF business from Mirae Asset globally, hitting the US$84 billion mark, is a testament to the innovation and choice it offers investors across multiple markets. In India, we look forward to leveraging our global ETF expertise and launching many more innovative products for our Indian investors with underlying ETFs like Global X,” said Mr. Swarup Mohanty, Director and CEO, Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt. ltd.
With its proven track record, Mirae Asset Group has established itself as a major global player in the ETF space and has several firsts under its belt that would have benefited the investment community. Thanks to this, millions of investors in India can now benefit from Global X products through Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Pvt. ltd.
Product labeling: Mirae Asset Nifty India Manufacturing ETF is suitable for investors seeking* • Returns commensurate with the performance of the Nifty India Manufacturing Total Return Index, subject to long-term tracking error • Investment in securities holdings covered by Nifty India Manufacturing Total Return Index *Investors should consult their financial advisors if in doubt as to whether the product is suitable for them.
Program Risk Indicator – Investor understands that their principal will be at very high risk Benchmark Index – Nifty India Manufacturing Index Benchmark Risk Indicator – Benchmark is at very high risk Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ ETF is suitable for investors who seek* • Returns commensurate with the performance of the NYSE FANG+ Total Return Index, subject to tracking error and exchange rate fluctuations • Investments in equity securities hedged by the NYSE FANG+ Total Return Index *investors should consult their financial advisers if in doubt as to the suitability of the product for them.
Scheme Risk Meter – Investor understands their principal will be at very high risk Benchmark – NYSE FANG + Index (TRI) Benchmark Riskometer – Benchmark is at very high risk Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks, read all plan documents carefully.
About Mirae Asset Group Mirae Asset Global Investments (India) Private Limited (“MAGI India”) has transferred its asset management business to its wholly owned subsidiary, Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Private Limited (“Mirae AMC ”), as part of the internal restructuring of its activities as of January 1, 2020. Over the past 2 decades, Mirae Asset Global Investments Ltd. (the sponsor) has become one of the world’s largest investors in emerging market equities, managing total assets of over US$217.9 billion as of September 30, 2021. Based in South Korea, Mirae Asset Global Investments Ltd operates also investment management activities in Hong Kong, UK, India, Vietnam, USA, Canada, Taiwan and Brazil. Besides asset management, Mirae Asset Financial Group has business interests in life insurance, securities and investment and venture capital.
(This story has not been edited by the Devdiscourse team and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)