CROMWELL, Connecticut – On December 9, at its annual virtual meeting, the Better Business Bureau Serving Connecticut (BBB) announced the winners of the 2021 Marketplace Excellence Awards. the BBB Market Excellence Award highlight companies that see ethics as a core value in their day-to-day operations. The awards were open to all Connecticut businesses, not just those accredited by BBB.
2021 Market Excellence Award Winners:
- Johnson Brunetti’s philosophy is to help others, including not only clients, but also the communities they serve. Every year they grant a wish for a local Make-A-Wish child, like trips to Disney, Italy, California, etc. They sponsor a holiday lunch for more than 200 local veterans, are the title sponsor of Camp Courant’s annual 5K run, and are also involved in Dress for Success, House of Heroes, organize food drives, award prizes. scholarships for senior graduates and more. More recently, they started to implement a new program where each employee must donate 4 hours per quarter to a community service project in which the company is involved.
- Chateau Rouge is a minority owned and operated human resources management company dedicated to helping businesses and organizations grow by developing their most valuable asset: their employees. They believe that integrity, trust, and resilience are key components of any organization’s success. They are passionate about corporate social responsibility, help the communities they serve, and help educate others about the importance and their ability to do the same. They are committed to providing transparent and honest HR information to everyone.
- Star Strong Capital is a New Haven, Connecticut-based small business lender that provides creative and flexible debt solutions to various founding and executive teams who have been under-represented in traditional capital markets. Star Strong Capital’s mission is to equalize access to capital for unrecognized small businesses and the communities they serve. Our pending B-Corp certification emphasizes that although we are a for-profit lender, our goal is to promote positive social impact.
- RTK Environmental Group is a Stamford-based environmental testing services company providing services such as mold, asbestos, lead, bacteria and indoor air quality testing to commercial and residential customers. In March 2020, people started spending most of their time at home. RTK began to notice a sharp increase in the number of calls from people with unexplained health symptoms. It appears that due to RTK’s continued awareness, callers began to wonder if many of their symptoms could be a direct result of poor indoor air quality (IAQ). They responded to customer inquiries and stepped up their education campaign on the health risks of poor IAQ due to VOCs and mold. RTK continues to provide only environmental testing, never repair, and the company continues to emphasize the importance of education and communication. RTK continues to innovate, educate and take a genuine interest in the health and well-being of society in general.
- MDF Painting and Power Washing believe ethical marketing builds lasting customer relationships based on shared values and goals, which is why they choose to use honest techniques to attract people who can truly benefit from their services. Instead of focusing on making a quick sale, they believe in building strong relationships with customers, starting with education. Their campaigns use transparent information presented through their website, social media and direct communications. They have also found it helpful to connect their ethics and values by showing potential clients various socially aware community projects and opportunities they are involved in with a dedicated page on their website. Overall, they strive to build lasting and trusting customer relationships based on shared values.
You can watch individual videos featuring our 2021 award winners and a recording of our BBB 2021 annual meeting and awards ceremony on our Youtube channel.